Stored procedure problems

From: <kirk_at_kaybee.org>
Date: 14 Feb 2000 15:57:11 GMT

I am trying to create a stored procedure to create a new account. The tables are all in the 'udb' schema. My problem is that this procedure has errors, but I don't know where they are or how to determine where they are.

Here is the commands I used to create the pertinent DB elements:

CREATE TABLE users (u_id int primary key not null, u_name varchar2(20)

   not null, u_index int not null);

CREATE SEQUENCE uid_seq INCREMENT BY 1 START WITH 1 MAXVALUE 2147483648

   nocycle nocache noorder;

CREATE FUNCTION create_account (newname IN VARCHAR2) RETURN number
AS

   max number;
BEGIN
   SELECT max(u_index)
   INTO max
   FROM udb.users
   WHERE u_name = newname;

   max := (max + 1);

   INSERT INTO udb.users (u_id, u_name, u_index)    VALUES (udb.uid_seq.nextval, newname, max);

   RETURN max;

END; When I run the last command (CREATE FUNCTION) in 'sqlplus' it just tells me:

   Warning: Function created with compilation errors.

I would appreciate any help you could give me on this.

--
 Kirk Bauer -- CmpE, Georgia Tech -- kirk_at_kaybee.org -- Avid Linux User

    GT Sport Parachuting Club! http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/skydive      Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's. Received on Mon Feb 14 2000 - 09:57:11 CST