Re: DBlink % 8i and 7

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 14:28:01 GMT

While I'm not sure about 8i, we've had problems with describing a table across a db link from a Oracle 8 db to an Oracle 7 db. We've been told by Oracle Support that describing across a db link is a "feature". This means that you can use it while it works, but when it's broken, it's not a bug. Since describing across a db link from 8 to 7 doesn't work, you can try the alternative which is to select from dba_tab_columns across the db link to get the same information.

HTH,
Brian

--

Brian Peasland