Re: HLLAPI

From: Chris Howard <bonniehoward_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:23:55 -0600

"Kenneth C Stahl" <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote in message news:38A07FEF.A918CEF4_at_Unforgetable.com...
> Does anyone know whether there is any software package or API which will
> allow for HLLAPI operations from a UNIX server? If so, what is the cost of
> the package and how easy is it to set up?

I've been looking for the same thing. What I'm looking at doing is adapting one of the free tn3270 terminal like the one at http://www.luyer.net/software/tn3270/ or a 5250 interface like the one at http://www.blarg.net/~mmadore/5250.html and add a API like HLLAPI (but much better). What I would like to see is real function calls and not the brain dead IBM numbered calls. All we are tying to do is script a terminal. Maybe it's time for a new Open Source project.

Cheers,
Chris Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 19:23:55 CST