Re: Is there an equivalent of AutoNumber?

From: <oluies_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 00:18:39 GMT

Have a look in the documentation on the sequence object. You could use a trigger to do the autonumbering but sequences are faster but propreitary. The command to create a sequence is 'CREATE SEQUENCE'.

In article <38a47c20_at_news>,
  "Patrick Joyal" <please.reply_at_to.the.newsgroup> wrote:
> I have some table in Access that use AutoNumber to ID a record.
> Is there some equivalent in Oracle? Do I have to use a TRIGGER to
simulate
> it? If so, how?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 18:18:39 CST