Re: PL/SQL CREATE SEQUENCE

From: Anna Wilkins <anna.wilkins_at_petersons.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:20:33 GMT

In article <881n24$m4l$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   newopt_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Why does this pl/sql script prompt for the cursor name when I have
> supplied in the script itself?

.
.
.

> 10 -- Parse and immediately execute dynamic SQL statement built by
> 11 -- concatenating the sequence name to DROP & CREATE SEQUENCE
> commands.
.
.
.

> old 11: -- concatenating the sequence name to DROP & CREATE SEQUENCE
> commands.
> new 11: -- concatenating the sequence name to DROP SEQUENCE
commands.

You need to SET SCAN OFF before you run the procedure. The parser sees the & sign in the comment and wants to replace it with a variable value, so it prompts you for the value. This is default behavior and the command SET SCAN OFF overrides it.

--

Anna Wilkins /-)/\//\//-)
Oracle Web Developer
Peterson's

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 15:20:33 CST