Re: Oracle Client Installations

From: <davemerr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:39:54 GMT

Oracle Installer 7.xx has a Y2K issue. You can do to things.

  1. Download the current Oracle Installer from Oracle metalink.
  2. Set the date back in the bios to 1999. After software installation you can set the date back to 2000.

I have installed Oracle Software using both methods. I think the bios works the best.

Good Luck

In article <2d56739d.4435327c_at_usw-ex0110-076.remarq.com>,   Ricardo <seacintNOseSPAM_at_attglobal.net.invalid> wrote:
> I'm trying to install client 7 for Oracle (Windows 95), but
> the msvcrt.dll causes a GPF.
>
> I would like to know which files are needed to execute the
> Oracle Installer.
>
> I will try to change this files before the installation.
>
> Thanks
>
> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also
find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 14:39:54 CST