Re: Invalid characters in a string

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:28:51 +0800

Patrick Joyal wrote:

> What are the invalid characters (in string values) that I should watch for
> where I'm constructing SQL String?
>
> I know there's ' that I can replace with ''
> but I'm having problem with ;
>
> thanks
>
> Patrick

';' is not a problem character in the db, its just that its a problem character in SQL Plus...

In SQL Plus, do

SQL> show all

and you can see what characters are going to be important

HTH
--

Connor McDonald
There are 3,434,679 oracle websites around the world. Now there is one more... http://www.oracledba.co.uk Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 06:28:51 CST