Re: diff between 7.3 and 8.0.5

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:27:20 -0500

A copy of this was sent to "Mark Lybarger" <MarkLybarger_at_copper.net> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 05:54:51 -0500, you wrote:

>Is there a site which lists the differences between Oracle 7.3 and Oracle 8?
>I know that oracle 7.3 does not allow the "on delete set null" option, but
>imagine there are lots of other differences.

Well.... 8.0 doesn't do the on delete set null either -- thats 8.1.5 that does that

scott_at_ORA806.WORLD> alter table emp add constraint emp_fk foreign key (deptno) references dept(deptno)
  2 ON DELETE SET NULL;
ON DELETE SET NULL

                 *

ERROR at line 2:
ORA-03001: unimplemented feature

You'll want to see

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.804/a58228/toc.htm

Which is the getting to know Oracle8 document. (you need a password for technet, they are free and you can get one right away).

This document has

There is a similar document for Oracle8i release 8.1

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 06:27:20 CST