Re: oracle 8.0.6 on 2.6 (root.sh)

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.NOSPAM!.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:39:12 GMT

The root.sh scripts asks
ORACLE_HOME does not match the home directory for $ORACLE_OWNER. Okay to continue?

Typing N exits from the program
Typing nothing exits from the program
Typing Y continues the program

Its OK to have the oracle owner home directory away from $ORACLE_HOME.

On the systems I administer we have a /home which contains the home directories of all users including oracle.

ORACLE_HOME is on the OFA disk layout.

Another advantage is that all the stuff that gets generated for the oracle user does not end up clogging up ORACLE_HOME !!!!!

Regards

Alex