Re: Oracle 8i on Solaris

From: Barth Siemens <bsiemens_at_uniserve.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:35:24 GMT

On Mon, 07 Feb 2000 15:46:45 GMT, "G. Roderick Singleton" <gsingleton_at_home.com> wrote:

>Oops! I'm new to Oracle and I recently installed Oracle 8i under Solaris
>2.6 and have
>been stuck at the point that one must run catrep.sql as root.
>One problem, no where does teh documetation tell you how. BTW, root is
>not a user so cannot access Oracle SQL. Got a quick fix or incantation
>that will allow me to proceed. i.e start building databases and coding?

Hi Roderick,

I haven't manually created a database for Oracle8i because 'dbassist' actually works quite well. I have created approximately 3 dozen databases in the current version and have not seen a requirement anywhere to run catrep.sql as root.

Furthermore, catrep.sql never needed to be run as root in previous versions either.

Can you tell me a little more about what process you're following to get to the stuck point?

Regards,

Barth Siemens
--
Barth Siemens
Change the email address from nospam to bsiemens. Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 04:35:24 CST