Strange Y2k-like problem on NT/Oracle machine

From: Frank Helk <frank.helk_at_nis-hanau.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:38:21 +0100

Hi there,

I'm in desperate need for a solution to a strange Y2k-like problem on some of our NT4 machines.

Environment:

	NT4 SP3 or SP5 (observed on both systems)
	Oracle 7.3
	Application software written in C

Problem:

	On January 31, 2000 at 7:12 am the system clock jumps on the
	machine with SP5 exactly (to the second !) for 56 years to the future,
	on the SP3 machine it jumps at 12:37 pm much further, approx 77 years,
	4 months and some fractions ... which is somewhat disturbing to the
	application software ...

	After rebooting and correction of the system clock everything worked
	fine again.

Did anybody out there observe the the same (or similar) problems ? Any hints how to prevent such things in the future ? Anything else ?

Due to the fact that I don't regulary monitor this newsgroups, and the volume is high, I would prefer answers by email.

With best regards and thanks in advance

                Frank Helk Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 03:38:21 CST