Re: Oracle 8i, RH 6.1, "not logged on", and FREE BEER

From: Matt Luker <kostya_1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:47:49 GMT

Ok, at the advice of GC, I went and got me a new copy of oracle straight from OTN. I now have the EE edition, along with the latest patches (8.1.5.0.2).

I am still getting the same problem.

More importantly, I have narrowed down the exact place the error happens. In the quarkrun.sh script:

spool /usr/local/oracle/product/8.1.5/install/crdb1.log connect internal
startup nomount pfile =
/usr/local/oracle/product/8.1.5/admin/quark/pfile/initquark.ora

Right here.

I ran it by hand, bit by bit. I also tried the crdb*.sh scripts, and they run into the same problem.

TIA,
Matt

--

  Please email me at kostyaNO_SPAM_at_lucide.com   Remove the spam-poison.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 10 2000 - 11:47:49 CST