MBR corrupt, now reinstall Oracle???

From: Lesley Boughner <lesley_at_vimich.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:19:01 -0500

Hello everyone. We had a corrupt master boot record on our NT server (4.0, service pack 4). After running the repair option, the computer is back up and running (last known good menu, VGA mode didn't help), but now none of the Oracle (8i) services are listed in the control panel. Oracle and NT are in different partitions, so my table structure etc. is intact. Can I reinstall Oracle without affecting my oracle homes? I have one home for Oracle 8 and one for 8i. I'm not a DBA so I'm quite illiterate when it comes to working with Oracle other than as a back end to my VB Application.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Let me know if you need more info.
Lesley Received on Thu Feb 10 2000 - 11:19:01 CST