Re: Oracle 8i install problem

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2000 11:47:00 -0500

Try deleting the file /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc. That should solve the problem. The installer caches the location of the installation directory there for future use and doesn't delete it when the installation aborts.

On another note, it's definitely a good idea to install as a user other than root. An installation error while running as root could have drastic consequences. In any event, the number of actions that need to be performed as root is very small.

                                        Rick

--

                                        Rick Wessman
                                        Security and Directory Technologies

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.