Re: Calling a C++ library with ORA_FFI?

From: <Thomas_Matthews_at_tecmar.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:41:35 GMT

In article <38A33487.1C04_at_Xiquip.nl>,
  Roel Verbunt <verbunroX_at_Xiquip.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are having problems using a shared library containing C++ objects
> from ORA_FFI on HP-UX 11.0. We compiled with aCC.
>
> The only thing Oracle can tell me is a registered bug 516590:
> @ This is not a bug. Interfacing foreign functions via the ORA_FFI
> @ builtin package is only supported toward languages complying with
> @ the C or Pascal calling standards (see page 6-2 of the OPB
> @ documentation). C++ does not fall in such category.
>
> I guess this means we won't succeed. Is there anyone out there using
the
> same configuration?
> We succeeded in working with a shared library with only ANSI-C
objects.
> So what could be the difference?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
>
> Roel

You need help from the experts in a HP or Unix newsgroup. This newsgroup, news:comp.lang.c++, discusses the STANDARD C++ language which has no facilities for nor requires support of shared libraries.

This article contains a list of useful newsgroups: http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 10 2000 - 09:41:35 CST