FORALL in 8i

From: Stephen Darlington <stephen_at_zx81.org.uk.nospam>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:44:57 -0000

I was quite impressed when I first learned about bulk binds in 8i's implementation of PL/SQL (on NT if that's important). I was less impressed when I found that this wouldn't work:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE Test_Bulk AS   TYPE a IS RECORD (a NUMBER, b NUMBER);   TYPE b IS TABLE OF a;
  q b;
BEGIN
  FORALL x IN 1..100
    INSERT INTO D1 VALUES (q(x).a, q(x).b); END Test_Bulk;
/

It tells me "PLS-00707: unsupported construct or internal error [2603]". Can anyone tell me which it is? I suspect it's an internal error since it works fine with a normal FOR loop but a second opinion is always good!

Cheers,
--> Stephen

     Stephen Darlington (http://www.zx81.org.uk)
                 "Never put a sock in a toaster"