Re: ORA-01034: Oracle not available

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: 10 Feb 2000 13:26:23 GMT

Peter Grüninger <gruening_at_kallisto.rz.fht-stuttgart.de> skrev i artiklen <87u2bd$6o4$1_at_news.BelWue.DE>...
> Hello,
>
> yesterday I installed Oracle 8.0.5 NT, created an Instance (SID=gdb1),
> changed the TNSNAMES.ORA and the LISTENER.ORA and everything worked fine.
> Then I rebooted the machine. Now, when I want to connect the error
ORA-01034
> Oracle not available occurs.

Hi peter

Have you looked in oradim80.log? Its standard loaction is orant/RDBMS80 It should say:
Service(s) and instance being started. Please wait... Service/Instance started.
It could very well be that the services are running but not the instance! Eg with a bad parameter in intgdb1.ora.

Also did you look in gdb1ALRT.log? Standard location in orant/RDBMS80/trace.
Any errorsmsgs should be in the bottom of that file.

Peter Laursen   Received on Thu Feb 10 2000 - 07:26:23 CST