Re: how to run forms 3.0 for dos under w98?

From: Suzanne Michelle <NYCTSMichelle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 10:57:46 -0800

The message is exactly right. You cannot do it. I have tried all sorts of configs & changes to DOS window in WinNT, and before that with Win95 (can only assume 98 is same) and it just won't work.

Listener layers are DIFFERENT between 3.0 & 4.5. You can get an upgrade tool for your forms. You also need different listener on server end.

We have one user who is waiting for the other app folks here to convert their app for just this reason. She can't afford to keep (nor support to maintain) an 'old' PC on her desktop, just so she can run the app. Instead, she has to go down to floors to the folks who still have old PCs for that reason.

Sigh. It's always something.

Good luck!

SM