Oracle, Intermedia, URL DATASTORE, INSO FILTER

From: Priscilla Calvin <c_priscilla_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 17:30:37 GMT

Hi,
I am using Oracle 8i on Windows NT. I am trying to carry out a text search on the contents of a URL saved as a column in a table.

I created a table with two columns,

    id number primary key
    URL varchar2(80),
created an index as follows,

     create index test_index on test(test_url)
     indextype is ctxsys.context parameters('datastore
ctxsys.URL_DATASTORE FILTER ctxsys.INSO_FILTER')

I added data to this table, and rebuilt the index using the foln. stmt. ALTER INDEX test_index REBUILD ONLINE PARAMETERS('SYNC'); 1) If the URL was a local intranet url eg. http://my_local_intranet_host/index.html, it did not generate any errors in the CTX_USER_INDEX_ERRORS table 2) However, if I use an external url such as http://www.oracle.com/index.html, the CTX_USER_INDEX_ERRORS table has the foln. error
DRG-11612: URL store: unknown host specified in http://www.oracle.com/index.html

While performing a query such as this one SELECT id, url FROM test WHERE CONTAINS(url, 'Oracle')>0;

If the URL was a local one, I get returns, however, if the URL was a external URL such as http://www.oracle.com/index.html, no records are returned, as it does not get indexed. I have a feeling that I might not be using the right syntax to query an external web site, or something is not set right in my INSO_FILTER/URL_DATASTORE settings, can anyone help me with this. Also, our network uses a proxy server to connect to the world wide web. The URL DATASTORE has a no. of attributes to specify host name of http proxy server etc., do I have to change any of these attributes, if so how?
Also, I tried to test the INSO FILTER as mentioned in a technet document, to see if a html file gets created from a doc file, $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/bin/ctxhx testfile.doc testfile.txt but, I did not get any errors neither was any testfile.txt created.

Thanks in advance.