Re: Headstart, Designer & 8i

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 16:13:36 -0800

Jonathan Lewis wrote:

> If Headstart is a quick way to develop forms,
> why will you need further consultancy ?
>
> --
>
> Jonathan Lewis
> Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk
>
> johngibbons_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <87mr8k$o90$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >We're very new users of Designer & 8i and have been recommended to use
> >Headstart as a quick way of developing forms without a need to use
> >Developer. The recommendation has come directly from Oracle
> >consultants, who'll arrnage further consultation, which isn't a
> >problem. Can anyone give an honest opinion on use of Headstart with
> >Designer, whats the learning curve like, does it provide quick benefits?
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Jonathan, consultancy comes with the Headstart package... It´s not that easy to
use, but once you´re familiar with it, it yields goodlooking results fast.

John, there's nothing in Headstart you could not have found out yourself, giving
time. Basically, that's what you pay for - the fact someone else has gone through the trouble of finding out the right combination of preferences, tidbits in the template, etc.
BTW, there are other companies that have similar products/services, eg UCC.
No I'm not an UCC employee, nor do I get royalties ;)

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 18:13:36 CST