Re: Datawarehouse Load Performance?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:23:04 -0000

I did one like this recently on a slightly lower powered box - The prognosis before I started was 3 weeks for 63M rows, with no option for restarting.

It took a couple of days work to restructure it to complete in 27 hours, with the ability to restart self-consistently after a crash.

The main problem is more likely to be I/O than actually 'arithmetical' processing.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk