Re: Import data from Excel or Lotus to Oracle 8i

From: <gjlinker_at_geocities.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 14:24:47 GMT

Hi,

Oraxcel, my Oracle to Excel bridge is more an end user tool. It does not require any programming as such.

What you do is you select the data on the spreadsheet and invoke my tool from the Excel menu. Oraxcel comes about as a new menu item in Excel. All rather seemless. Errors (fk/pk violations e.g.) are collected at the top and they are easially resubmitted.

Have a look at it: www.oraxcel.com

Kind regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker

In article <aXmn4.23858$in5.434189_at_news1.online.no>,   "RCS" <r-stadhe_at_online.no> wrote:
> I have just done something similar ( I have transferred about 10 000
rows
> from Excel onto Oracle), and I used Python.
>
> I accessed Excel using COM for Python, and for transferring the data
> Oracle I used Oracle bindings for Python.
>
> Everything is downloadable (for free, it's open source) from the
Python
> homepage, http://www.python.org, and the whole process went as easy
as a
> breeze!
>
> You should be able to pick up Python fairly easily if you know Visual
Basic
> (I just started to learn Python around this Christmas myself), and
you'll
> have learnt a tool that is VERY useful.
>
> Regards,
> RCS
>
> Lesley Boughner <lesley_at_vimich.com> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone!
> > Please excuse my lack of knowledge in Oracle 8i, I've just been put
on
> this
> > project 2 days ago and I must admit I'm a little overwhelmed.
We're in a
> > crunch and I don't have a lot of time to take my time and research
and
> learn
> > oracle the way I'd like to.
> >
> > I'm looking for the best way to import data from Lotus or Excel
(doesn't
> > matter whichever is easier, the data is currently in DataEase) into
Oracle
> > 8i. Do I have to write batch files or a VB procedure? (I'm a vb
> programmer
> > so that's what I know) Could anyone point me in the right
direction - to
> > articles or a book in particular that would help me with.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
> > Lesley Boughner

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 08:24:47 CST