Datafile row header bytes

From: <markus_blin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 10:07:49 GMT

Hi!

I'm studing Oracle datafile
structure not only through the documentation, but with the help of mc F3 also :-)...

Every table data extent consists of
some blocks and these blocks contain
table rows. Each table row has a header.

If table row size is more than block size, the row lays two or more blocks. There is a row overhead in the row header to distinguish between full and incomplete rows. Its first byte may be '0x29', '0x06', '0x03'. I don't know what does this values and
farther bytes mean.

How does Oracle use row overhead to construct the whole table row if the row doesn't belong to one block? I guess Oracle uses not only overhead bytes.

Thanks,
Markus Blin.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 04:07:49 CST