Re: Oracle processes size

From: Graeme Farmer <g_farmer_at_halas.com.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:42:46 +1100

I guess it depends on your system config.

Looking at the parameters and comparing them to our Oracle 7 Server on AIX with 1GB of RAM I'd say you must have a pretty meaty kind of linux machine with about 2GB or more of RAM.
Otherwise I'd probably reduce some of these values quite a bit.

I am running Oracle on linux at home and if I remember I will copy the parameters and repost them here. I am running it on a PII 300Mhz with 160MB of RAM, 320MB of swap space, 8k block size and the rest I can't remember (except that I chose all the LARGE settings and it seems to perform very well. Who says SIZE doesn't count). Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 23:42:46 CST