Re: Help: MSVCRT DLL causes a crash on Oracle Installer under Windows

From: <davemerr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 23:50:11 GMT

It is a Y2k Problem with the Oracle Installer. You have two choices.

  1. goto metalink and download the recent installer.
  2. Go into the Bios and set the date to 1999. After installation you can change it back. I have tried setting the date back from the desktop but was unable to get the installation to work. I had to go into the bios.

In article <s9u02a27hse99_at_corp.supernews.com>,   "blinky" <me_at_nospam.com> wrote:
> >The problem is something like this: at the end
of the installation, Orainst
> >returns an error "Orainst caused an invalid
page fault in module
> >MSVCRT.dll..." !
> >

> Yes, I got this as well - and I tried upgrading
my MSVCRT.DLL, and I still
> get this immediately upon trying to install
Designer 2000 (so I can't
> install it).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 17:50:11 CST