OCIAttrGet - difficulties getting Scale and Precision values

From: Corné Brouwers <bware_at_knoware.nl>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 17:56:58 +0100

I use the call OCIAttrGet to retrieve info about a resultset. The problems occurs when the datatype of the column is NUMBER. All works fine as long the query is easy:

select sal from emp;
OCIAttrGet for OCI_ATTR_SCALE returns 2 OCIAttrGet for OCI_ATTR_PRECISION returns 7

select 2 * sal from emp;
OCIAttrGet for OCI_ATTR_SCALE returns 0 OCIAttrGet for OCI_ATTR_PRECISION returns 0

Is this normal behaviour ?
If it is (I hope it's not normal), is there any way that I can influence what OCIAttrGet will return in the query?

thanks, Corné Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 10:56:58 CST