database link and ora-00933

From: David Spaisman <davedba_at_intercall.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 15:48:14 GMT

hello:

we are trying to plod through trhe set up of symmetric replication or master-master replication.

We are working on Oracle 8.0.4 running on NT 4.0, sp4.

We have modified the init.ora file db_domain and global_name = TRUE. There is no problem with private links
but in trying to set up a public database link we are incurring the following error when we try:

'create public database link fles.cpqcap-prod01.cpqcap where the sid is fles , the server is cpqcap-prod01 and the domain is cpqcap.

The error is:

create public database link fles.cpqcap-pod01.cpqcap

                                                         *

ora-00933: sql command not properly ended.

Oracle doesn't like the dash in the server name and is looking for an underscore in stead.

  1. Has any one ever encountered is?
  2. Is there a workaround since the naming onvention used for all server names in our organization uses a dash?
  3. As we are working on NT, has any one encountered any other problems we should be aware of in setting up master-to-master replication between two NT servers?

Thanks. Any information that can be provided will be appreciated.

David Spaisman Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 09:48:14 CST