Re: -- [Q] What are *your* dba rules?

From: Kevin A Lewis <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 10:26:45 GMT

I appreciate all you say.

However can I throw in another slant on the problem.

You refer continually to procedures, could it be that what is really required is the personal touch. Talk regularly and frequently to the programmers to aim at cooperatively solve their development problems.

Surely at the end of the day DBAs are there to enable the task the developers are doing, not hinder it. This will be the way developers will see it if you cannot get them to think about the broader issues DBAs have to face.

I speak as an ex-developer, now DBA. So you might think me biased. But give the extra openness of comunication approach at least some thought.

Regards and best of luck
--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD) - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich United Kingdom)

                        <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd. crumedgeon <zimsbait_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:87lfbf$ic8$1_at_nntp9.atl.mindspring.net...