lsnrctl start - TNS Errors- new Ora on RedHat6.0 Linux

From: david wilson <dwilson_at_flounder.ce.ryerson.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 16:56:35 -0500

Hi,
I just installed Oracle on linux using a recipe/protocol I found at <doors.cybertrails.com/oracle/rh6x.html>. It worked very well, by the way. Thanks to Mark Wagner and other contributers to the site. It works great for RedHat 6.0 with the most recent kernel 2.2.14 , but I could not get it to work on Linux-Mandrake 6.0. I wasted a lot of time before figuring this out. Kudos to Mark and friends and brickbats to the guys at Linux-Mandrake!
My problem now is that when I try to turn on the TNS Listener by typing 'lsnrctl start' I get the following errors:

TNS 12532 :invalid argument
TNS 12560 :TNS:protocol adapter error
TNS 00502 : Max number of interrupt handlers exceeded
I don't know anything about configuring TNS so any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA dwilson Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 15:56:35 CST