Verbalizing Oracle's "%ROWTYPE"

From: Carolyn Jane Gillis <cjgillis_at_chorus.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 20:00:07 -0600

I have a ridiculous question that still perplexes me, even though I'm a certified Oracle DBA, and should have learned the answer during my Oracle classes.

How do you properly verbalize a modulo-signed cursor name like
"SQL%NOTFOUND", or a type definition such as: "rad_val
rad_cursor%ROWTYPE?

In these cases, I use "AT" for "%", even though "AT" is actually "@", as in "@DB_LINK".

Would the verbalization "of" be more appropriate? i.e.
"rad_cursor(of)ROWTYPE", and "SQL(of)NOTFOUND"?

Thanks in Advance,

CJGilliis, Madison, WI

--
CJ Gillis Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 20:00:07 CST