Re: sampling from a table

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 20:19:47 GMT

Hi,
I have found that a 'naked' select statement ( no where clause or order by clause) will return a 'random' set of records from a table ( Random in this case meaning in no particular order ) since the 'order' of records stored by Oracle is random in nature...while this is certainly not a true random sample, I find it works for most sampling tasks...

  -----------== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News ==----------    http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the World! ------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including Dedicated Binaries Servers ==----- Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 14:19:47 CST