Re: ora8i - linux / library link problem

From: Peter J. Holzer <hjp_at_enkur.wsr.ac.at>
Date: 3 Feb 2000 19:01:23 GMT

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:34:07 +1100, Graeme Farmer <g_farmer_at_halas.com.au> wrote:
>does anyone know why I might be getting this problem?
>I am running oracle8i for linux on red-hat linux 6.1 with kernel version
>2.2.15
>
>palenque:oracle:/home/users/oracle> svrmgrl
>
>Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.5.0.0 - Production
>
>(c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
>
>oracle: error in loading shared libraries: libskgxp8.so: cannot open shared
>obje
>ct file: No such file or directory

[...]
>palenque:oracle:/home/users/oracle> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>/ora/lib

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is ignored if the euid is different from the uid. What permissions does svrmgrl have on your system?

        hp

--

   _  | Peter J. Holzer             | Nobody should ever have to be
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR / Obmann LUGA  | ashamed if they have a secret love
__/   | http://wsrx.wsr.ac.at/~hjp/ | actually work.  -- Donald E. Knuth