Re: ORA-12154 : TNS: could not reslove service name

From: <cosmin_ioan_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 16:42:27 GMT

I have been running in the same problem and no matter what I did, I could not get it to work. I followed practically every post on this newsgroup regarding this issue and with no luck. In the end, it came down to CAPITALIZATION of the entries in the tnsnames.ora file. supposedly, you should have everything in caps.... it worked for me. this is perhaps one of the most weird problems I have faced so far (btw, I am working on an WinNT/Intel platform).

Hope this helps,

Cosmin

In article <387EC831.CD07BA05_at_acm.org>,   Narayana Mahankali <nmahankali_at_acm.org> wrote:
> hi ,
> i was trying to logon to server containing Oracle 8i from a
client
> machine containing 8.0.5 client software. i was getting the following
> error.
>
> " ORA : 12154 : TNS: Could not resolve the service name"
>
> I checked the host name and the instance name. they were correct.
>
> Can someone tell me as to what the problem might be and how i'm
> supposed to configure the client system. do i need to reinstall
client
> 8.1.5 s/w on that machine?
>
> -roopa.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 10:42:27 CST