Problems with ADO and Oracle

From: Jens Krämer <sur_at_surdata.de>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 17:41:33 +0100

Hi
I want to connect on an Oracle7-Database-server. I want to set the defaultdatabase after i have connected with openconnection-command, because I dont want to set explicit the Databasename during open the recordset. for example > "Select DATABASE1.Tablename.........." . I only want to set "Select Tablename from........"
I have tryed 2 things yet.
1.) I put the Parameter [ Initial catalog= <catalog name> ] into the connectionstring. After the open command doesnt come an error-message, but then opencommend ignores the initial catalog parameter. i have seen that, after i have tried to open a recordset without setting the databasename into the select string.
the errordiscription was : cannot find the table name or something like this

2.) I open the connection without the initial catalog parameter. after the opencommand i want to set the databasename with the ADO <defaultdatabase> command.after that i get an errormessage like this: " The service you order isnt provide by the Provider" .

Can somebody help me ? Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 10:41:33 CST