Problem Needs Help

From: <allasrosa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 11:09:24 GMT

Hi,

I have a remote Oracle 7.3 database located in another district within the city. THe connection between the server and the local office relies on a telephone line and a modem. The application (developed with Oracle Power Object) running on the local PC needs to retrieve and update the database quite frequently every day. The network traffic can be heavy in peak hour. So, u can imagine how slow the app respond time will be.

I just cannot change the connection method and have to stick to it for at least a year or more. Now i'm thinking of some methods to improve this situation.

Can i make a local copy of the remote database to the local pc so that my app can use? But *how* to do it? And, another problem comes, how can i sync the data in the pc with the remote database? (THe phone line is free from trafic after office hour. I may make use of it).

Or there are other ways to solve the problem?

Much much thanx indeed.

Rgds,
Allas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 05:09:24 CST