SQL. Correlated UPDATE problem.

From: Ivan Nilsson <dumb_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:57:12 +0100

This is a simplified version of my problem. I have these two tables

Customers
Cusno, cusname

1, Johhny
2, Amanda
3, Anthony
4, Elsabeth

Customers_newinfo
Cno, Cname
2, Amanda Smith
3, Andy Welsh

I wish to update Customers with the data from Customers_newinfo using = one UPDATE statement.
Thus, customer 2 in Customer shall have the name changed to Amanda = Smith, and Customer 3 to Andy Welsh.

My problem is to make the UPDATE-statement correlate the customer = numbers from the two tables.

Anyone who knows how to do this?

/TIA Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 02:57:12 CST