BLOBs/RAWs: Perl -> DBI -> DBD::Oracle -> SQL*Net -> Oracle DB Server

From: André Hartmann <Andre.Hartmann_at_pace.de>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:50:36 +0100

Hi there,
  I've got a perl application that connects to a remote Oracle DB Server via DBI/DBD and SQL*Net. I want to put RAW and BLOB data into the DB and retrieve the data of course. The tables are like this: CREATE TABLE RAWExample (id int, content LONG RAW) CREATE TABLE BLOBExample (id int, content BLOB)   I already wasted 2 weeks on trying and trying and I know about RAWs and BLOBs and that their handling is very different from int and varchar and such. Now can anyone offer a piece of code that takes a local file, say test.doc, inserts its contents into the DB, selects it again and stores it into test2.doc resulting in test.doc and test2.doc being exactly the same ?? I either get no data into the db or I fail to retrieve the full data... *frustrated* !! dbms_lob with its insertfromfile doesnt work 'cuz my files are on a http server which is an oracle client... and not on the oracle server :(
André