Re: Submitting a cron

From: Sambavan Tharmarajah <sambavan_at_cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 21:35:42 -0600

Did you try the Oracle's Job process. This is similar to the cron. I think it is the DBMS_JOBS

Try it.

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Kenneth C Stahl wrote:

> sdas_at_ncl.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> > As always thanks in advance!!!
> >
> > I would like to know whether there is a scheduler in oracle. I want to
> > submit a procedure every hour. Instead putting this in the unix cron,
> > is there any other way.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
>
> dbms_jobs

Sam .T

600 West 26Th Street,                 Phone : (512) 474-2328
Apartment #E 144,                     E-mail: sambavan_at_cs.utexas.edu
Austin,                                       sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu
Texas - 78705.                                sambavan_at_tenet.edu

              What I do today is important because
              I'm exchanging a day of my life for it