Newbee req. help with crdb and import.

From: Sambavan Tharmarajah <sambavan_at_cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:57:02 -0600

Could anyone help me out in creating a database and importing the .dmp file into it?

I created a database instance using crdb on Oracle 8.0.5 and then I did a FULL import of data that I had earlier exported from the Oracle V.7.3.2. Then when I tried to loged in as a system/manager and tried doing

select * from user_tables;

I received an error of DBMS_STANDARD. To correct this I loged in as the svrmgrl and did a connect internal and then ran the catproc script. After doing this, I once again loged in as a system and tried running the above querry and now I get the error message of table or views does not exist. So I went back and checkd the DBA_TABLES and notice that some of the table names to be missing. So I thought of checking whether I could querry those table that exist in the database. When I tried to do a select on the existing (on DBA_TABLES) table, I get the same error message.

So in this case could any one tell me what i'm missing or forgetting to do. I beleive that importing from lower to the higher version should not cause any problem. Could some one explain me the right things I show do?

Thanx,
Sam .T

              What I do today is important because
              I'm exchanging a day of my life for it