Re: Help! I'm accused of breaching security!

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:09:49 GMT

> Perhaps the DBA has auditing turned on and saw some entries which indicated
> that you were doing things that you were not authorized for.

If the user was not authorized to do these things, then that too would be the fault of the DBA. Initially, I would guess that the DBA did have auditing turned on. If it was me and I found that a user was doing something I didn't want them to do, I would be red faced and fix the problem rather than espouse security issues.

HTH,
Brian Received on Wed Feb 02 2000 - 08:09:49 CST