Re: ORA-12560 : protocol adaptater error

From: <torost_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 12:52:55 GMT

I have exactly the same problem. I can not start svrmgrl with a command like >svrmgrl
internal/oracle.

My (temporary) workaround have been to first start svrmgrl:

>svrmgrl

And then connect within svrmgrl:

svrmgrl>connect internal/oracle_at_mytns

I must use a tns too, i can not connect (to the bequeth listener?) with a command like "connect internal/oracle"

I would be really interested if anybody have an explanation and real solution to this. I am using the multithreaded server option, and I wonder if that might have something to do with it?

/Torbjörn Österdahl

In article <8790je$l5b$1_at_news3.isdnet.net>,   "Nicolas L." <nicolas.lobrot_at_fra.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After rebooting the server we have this error :
ORA-12560 : protocol
> adaptater error.
> The listener seems to run normaly but we can't
connect as INTERNAL and
> restart DB instance.
>
> Do anyone have another idea than a new
installation of the server ???

> Nicolas L.
>
> BTW : after reading the news i've checked the
permission of the temp file in
> /var/tmp it seems to be ok.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 02 2000 - 06:52:55 CST