Need ODBC Example Code

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/02/01

Hi,

I need to use ODBC in Visual C++ (5.0) to write 143000 rows of varchar2 (4000) columns to several thousand different folders. It would be faster to user the package utl_file and write it in PL/SQL, but the security limitations (1 write folder) on that package prevents it from being an option.

Really I need just a cursor loop to fetch and do some file I/O, but it has to be in ODBC (or DAO,...) since I do not have a tool like Pro*C to embedd SQL in C.

So, does anybody out there have a working ODBC example C program that uses a cursor ?

Thanks,
Rock Cogar.
Oracle DBA
Radian International LLC.
Oak Ridge, TN. USA.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CST