Re: Display Database Structure?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 00:20:13 -0500

Vince Collins wrote:

> What is the SQL command for listing all the databases/tables/views
> when you first log in?
>
> How do you display the current structure of a table/view?
>
> I have purchased the Oracle Press book titled "Oracle - A Beginners
> Guide" and have not found the previous questions anywhere in the book.
>
> Please help if you can get a chance!
>
> Regards
>
> Vince Collins

Assuming you have DBA privileges:

        SELECT tablespace_name FROM DBA_TABLESPACES;

        SELECT owner, table_name FROM DBA_TABLES;

        SELECT owner, view_name FROM DBA_VIEWS;

        DESC table_name

        DESC view_name

Note that the last two commands are SQL*Plus commands and that they do not require a semicolon.

hth
--
Jerry Gitomer
Once I learned how to spell DBA, I became one. Received on Tue Feb 01 2000 - 23:20:13 CST