Problems with ERwin and Oracle8 check constraints and comments

From: Stefan Misch <stefan.misch_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:52:08 +0100

Hi everybody !

I have two problems with ERwin (3.5.2-SP2) which I could not solve with Platinum/CAI support (I got no answer), nor found any hint in their knowledge base:

(1) when I add a column in an existing table in an Erwin modell and generate
an alter-script using the "Alter database" task, the column is added, but the column's comment not. I have to do another "alter database", then ERwin generates a second script with just the "comment on column..." statement.

(2) TABLE and COLUMN check constraints

The problem here is that when I do an "alter database" with the options "Table check" and "Column check" enabled in the "Set Options" dialog, these options generate lots of differences between my model and the database. For example:

If I define a not null column with a check constraint :CHECK EXAMPLE_YN in
('Y', 'N') ERwin reports

(a) EXAMPLE_YN in ('Y', 'N') as a table check constraint on the database
side, but none (displayed as "---") on the model side

(b) and further down the list a difference at column EXAMPLE_YN on a line
tagged "check": CHECK EXAMPLE_YN in ('Y', 'N') on the modell side and "EXAMPLE_YN IS NOT NULL" on the database side

Is this a bug in ERwin or is something wrong with my modell, set option or installation ?

Thanks for any tip !
Stefan. Received on Tue Feb 01 2000 - 14:52:08 CST