Re: HELP: Oracle instance down, and it can't get up. Root cannot even help.

From: Graeme Farmer <g_farmer_at_halas.com.au>
Date: 2000/01/31

Kevin,

    check your diskspace with df and see if there is enough space in the filesystem containing the oracle binaries. I had this problem after a restore into a filesystem that was too small, all the binaries were there and had the correct permissions but they would not execute even when i freed up some space. I had to
redo the entire restore. I'm sure there is an explanation and probably a simple resolution but I don't know what it is. Sorry!!

Graeme. Received on Mon Jan 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CST