Re: PK Constraint tablespace usage question

From: Remco Blaakmeer <remco_at_rd1936.quicknet.nl>
Date: 2000/01/31

In article <874ner$dp$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,

        gmei_at_my-deja.com writes:

> This script also run fine. But without specifying tablespace for PK
> constraint, a “big” chunk of disk space in tablespace DATA has been
> allocated. My question is why? I thought oracle only allocate the
> initial extent. Maybe this is not true in PK constraint?

A primary key constraint always uses an index. If you use the 'USING INDEX TABLESPACE ...' clause with the constraint, this specifies which tablespace this index is created in. If you don't specify this clause, the index is created in the same tablespace as the table.

Remco

--
rd1936:  9:15pm  up 23 days,  1:55,  7 users,  load average: 2.24, 1.83, 1.88