Re: Insert and select from Oracle long variable

From: DriftWood <drift_wood_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/01/31

In article <949178228.22338_at_tbird.introweb.nl>,   "Niels Stout" <n.stout_at_voltaire.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to store webpages in Oracle using a long variable.
> Has anyone experience filling long variables from a file and
> putting the contents of a long variable to a file?

I have done this in the past (using the Long data to store large amounts of character data), but you are really better served using the LOB data types found in Oracle 8.x as they are much more flexible. If you are stuck with Oracle 7.x, then be aware that to fully utilize a LONG (or lONG RAW) column will require that you do a bit of programming in a 3GL (such as C/C++, COBOL, etc.).

-cheers
  DW

"It is a kind of good deed to say well; and yet words are not deeds.   -William Shakespeare"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CST