Re: oracle 8i lite

From: John <jadapturNOSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/01/31

I suggest you not worry all that much about repartitioning..

I think you're in for a lot of trouble if you want to use the hfs+ system, hfsutils (the necessary tools to work with mac files) work on hfs not hf+ filesystems. My suggestion reformat one of those three 1 gig partions as unix (Apple_UNIX_SVR2) and set it up as your Linux box with the proper (sub)partitioning...This is quite easy to do with AnubisĀ Utility V3.01..

You can also do it with pDisk (which comes with the free MkLinux Distribution). But it's a little harder to understand how to use it..and can easily wipe out your data if you get it wrong.

You may rather use another more popular distribution but if you're interested in the formatting tool or the whole MkLinux distribution it's available at:

ftp://ftp.mklinux.apple.com//pub/DR3/

PDisk only:
ftp://ftp.mklinux.apple.com//pub/DR3/MacOS_Utilities/pdisk.hqx

I don't know about the x86 question.

--
Remove SPAMNOT from email address to reply