Re: trace files are huge, bigest 2G

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/01/29

A copy of this was sent to "Arthur" <arthur_at_stario.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:54:35 -0800, you wrote:

>Please help,
>On Oracle 8i creates a lot of trace files in directory witch not in path in
>init.ora and with different format.
>The biggest file 2G and a lot of 0 and small size.
>
>server7f.trc the size 775M. I tested with TKPROF.
>

>----------------------------------
>TKPROF: Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production on Thu Jan 27 16:39:17 2000
>
>(c) Copyright 1999 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
>Trace file: D:\Oracle\Ora81\NETWORK\TRACE\server7f.trc

based on that path, this is Networking tracing, not database.

In your listener.ora (should be in $ORACLE_HOME\network\admin\listener.ora) put:

TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = off
LOGGING_LISTENER=OFF and remove any previous entries.

In your sqlnet.ora in that directory (if one exists), add:

TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT =OFF
TRACE_LEVEL_SERVER =OFF and remove any previous settings. if one does not exist (the sqlnet.ora file) create one and add that.

then you can remove the trace files if you want (stop the listner, remove the trace, start the listener).

--
See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June 21'st