Re: Invalid Procedures

From: Keith Jamieson <jamiesonk_at_phoenix.ie>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:11:41 -0000

The list of dependencies can be found in user_dependencies. This is correct and sensible behaviour on the part of oracle. A package is marked invalid if any package that it depends on is modified. This is to force it to be recompiled in order to pick up any changes.

If you called the procedure a second time, it will automatically re-compile. You have two basic choices, one of which as you mentioned is to reorganise the packages. The second choice is to write an sql script which will call each of the packages in the appropriate order, so that they will compile.